Wednesday, September 26, 2007


Many years ago while attending a class on "relaxation techniques" we were asked to close our eyes and picture ourselves in a place (real or imaginary) where we felt perfectly safe and happy and peaceful. Then when we experienced major stress (concerns, hurts, sadness, etc.) we could relax, close our eyes and go to this "perfect place." No surprise that my place was "the beach." You may not recognize it, but over the years whenever anyone in the family has been concerned or sad or hurt, I have gathered you up and taken you all here. We have had some great times being together, holding hands in the water, exploring the old ship on the beach, whatever made you happy.
p.s. This is a real place. The magazine caption read "A Greek Isle." (Amy can relate)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I immediately thought that this must be Greece even before I read the caption. That's really sweet that you've taken us there so many times. I love you Grandma.

Allyson said...

What a beautiful place.

Unknown said...

Last night Marc and I were talking about wills (yuck!)...he mentioned that you don't have one (which doesn't surprise me one bit;))...and he wondered if that would be a problem when you leave us...how would it be determined who would get what, etc.

I told him: "All I want to 'get' from Grandma is: a copy of some of her yummy recipes, a rock from her collection, and for her to teach me how knit Christmas socks!"

I can't imagine any of us would really want more than that...This picture just reinforces what I feel like you've already given me!

Thank you! I love you!